Freeport Recreation Center
130 East Merrick Road, Freeport New York, 11520
New for 2019 courses – **FREE CPR Breathing Barrier key chain included**
Blended Learning Offerings – Blended Learning combines online learning with in-person skills sessions conducted by a Red Cross certified instructor.
The new blended learning courses build the same knowledge and skills as our traditional classroom training courses.
Text 917-224-1513 for immediate answers to any questions
1 Day Session:
March 13th – 6PM to 7:30PM
What Is Blended Learning?
Ideal for organizations looking to maximize learning and employee work productivity at the same time, the blended learning training option provides greater convenience and efficiency for both employers and participants.
- Combination of online learning and in-person skills session
- Content equivalent to traditional course with less time spent in a classroom
- Individuals re-certifying can pre-test out of content they know
- Self-paced training can be completed around work responsibilities
- 2-year, OSHA-compliant certification
The Adult First Aid/CPR/AED course incorporates the latest science and teaches students to recognize and care for a variety of first aid emergencies such as burns, cuts, scrapes, sudden illnesses, head, neck, back injuries, heat and cold emergencies and how to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies for victims about 12 years and older. Successful students will receive a certificate for Adult First Aid/CPR/AED valid for two years.
In order to complete the classroom session of the Blended Course, please complete the following Online portion and present the completion certificate to the instructor. The in-person session cannot be conducted without the Online portion, so please give yourself ample time to complete the Online portions before scheduling the in-person session.
****Note: Online completion alone will not grant a certification for any of the courses without also completing the In-person session.
Click Here For Online Portion:
Directions to Freeport Recreation Center:
From Sunrise Highway:
1) Make a right onto Liberty Avenue (1st light after the Home Depot)
2) A left onto Merrick Road.
3) A quick right into the parking lot.
From Merrick Road:
1) Take Merrick Road East into Freeport (The entrance to the recreation center is about a quarter mile east of the rear entrance to the Home Depot, on the RIGHT).
2) Make a right turn into the parking lot. (If you pass the entrance, make a right at the traffic light and look for the recreation center entrance on Atlantic Avenue).