Freeport Recreation Center
130 East Merrick Road Freeport New York, 11520
Minimum age: 18 years old.
Pool Activity Leader Candidates must demonstrate throughout the course that they are mature and responsible.
1 Day Session:
April 28th – 12PM to 4PM
The purpose of this American Red Cross course is to provide an alternative to having mandated lifeguard staff during camp trips where there will be swimming and aquatic activities at already guarded facilities by providing training to trip leaders which includes portions of the American Red Cross Basic Water Rescue, Waterfront Lifeguarding, and Lifeguard Management curriculum. Taught by certified Lifeguarding Instructors in a fun and energetic classroom setting. This course is taught in a classroom setting and no swimming will be conducted.
Working at a camp? Interested in one of these courses we are running? Add this PAL course to your cart and then go back and add other courses you need.
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and (RTE) First Aid
Responding to Emergency (RTE)
Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
From Sunrise Highway:
1) Make a right onto Liberty Avenue (1st light after the Home Depot)
2) A left onto Merrick Road.
3) A quick right into the parking lot.
From Merrick Road:
1) Take Merrick Road East into Freeport (The entrance to the recreation center is about a quarter mile east of the rear entrance to the Home Depot, on the RIGHT).
2) Make a right turn into the parking lot. (If you pass the entrance, make a right at the traffic light and look for the recreation center entrance on Atlantic Avenue).