Freeport Recreation Center
130 East Merrick Road, Freeport New York, 11520
1 Day Session:
January 15th – 9AM to 12PM
The purpose of the Safety Training for Swim Coaches course is to teach those involved in competitive swimming, including coaches, officials, athletic trainers and aquatic exercise trainers, how to help maintain a safe and comfortable environment for swimmers, prevent accidents and emergencies, and respond to swimmers with illnesses or injuries in water or on land. This program is offered in a blended learning format.
- Must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course
- Must be comfortable in chest-deep water
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be provided an OSHA-compliant digital certificate that will last two years following the completion date.
Once you submit payment for the class, an e-mail will be sent to you with additional logistics for the class.
Please e-mail [email protected] for any questions.
Directions to Freeport Recreation Center:
From Sunrise Highway:
1) Make a right onto Liberty Avenue (1st light after the Home Depot)
2) A left onto Merrick Road.
3) A quick right into the parking lot.
From Merrick Road:
1) Take Merrick Road East into Freeport, (The entrance to the recreation center is about a quarter mile east of the rear entrance to the Home Depot, on the RIGHT).
2) Make a right turn into the parking lot. (If you pass the entrance, make a right at the traffic light and look for the recreation center entrance on Atlantic Avenue).