Freeport Recreation Center
130 East Merrick Road, Freeport NY, 11520
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
Blended Learning Offerings – Blended Learning combines online learning with in-person skills sessions conducted by a Red Cross certified instructor.
The new blended learning courses build the same knowledge and skills as our traditional classroom training courses.
Typically required for healthcare providers and public safety professionals.
Pocket Face Mask combo (Adult and Pediatric) set included with class
1 Day Session:
February 13th – 3:30PM to 6PM
Breathing new life into resuscitation education, Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) is designed to train professionals to respond to cardiac and breathing emergencies for adult, child, and infant victims. Consistent with the 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR/ECC, BLS is the foundational CPR/AED program typically required for healthcare providers and public safety professionals. Through the use of lecture, skills demonstration and practice, case-based emergency response scenarios, and reflection and debriefing activities with a focus on team-based response, BLS builds the key critical thinking, problem solving, and team dynamic skills that are needed to drive better patient outcomes. Upon successful completion of the course, learners will receive a 2-year “Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers” digital certificate with anytime, anywhere access to certificate and training history.
What Is Blended Learning?
Ideal for organizations looking to maximize learning and employee work productivity at the same time, the blended learning training option provides greater convenience and efficiency for both employers and participants.
- Combination of online learning and in-person skills session
- Content equivalent to traditional course with less time spent in a classroom
- Individuals re-certifying can pre-test out of content they know
- Self-paced training can be completed around work responsibilities
- 2-year, OSHA-compliant certification
In order to complete the classroom session of the Blended Course, please complete the following Online portion and present the completion certificate to the instructor. The in-person session cannot be conducted without the Online portion, so please give yourself ample time to complete the Online portions before scheduling the in-person session.
****Note: Online completion alone will not grant a certification for any of the courses without also completing the In-person session.
Click Here For Online Portion:
Directions to Freeport Recreation Center:
From Sunrise Highway:
1) Make a right onto Liberty Avenue (1st light after the Home Depot)
2) A left onto Merrick Road.
3) A quick right into the parking lot.
From Merrick Road:
1) Take Merrick Road East into Freeport (The entrance to the recreation center is about a quarter mile east of the rear entrance to the Home Depot, on the RIGHT).
2) Make a right turn into the parking lot. (If you pass the entrance, make a right at the traffic light and look for the recreation center entrance on Atlantic Avenue).